The University of Ingolstadt medical
faculty and particularly the anatomy theater would have offered Victor
unparalleled resources for pursuit of this new phase of his studies.
The medical school, which today houses the German Museum of the History
of Medicine, was known as the Anatomie upon its completion in 1736. That
designation is still recalled in the street
name on which the edifice stands.